In a triple issue of A List Apart, for people who make websites:
- Ruining the User Experience
- Anticipating your users’ needs is the key to making a good impression; it’s the little things that matter most. ALA’s technical editor Aaron Gustafson explains why progressive enhancement means good service.
- Inside Your Users’ Minds: The Cultural Probe
- Drawing on the field of ethnography, Ruth Stalker-Firth introduces a method for studying user behavior and motivations outside the lab.
- Cross-Browser Scripting with importNode()
- Anthony Holdener explores the world of XML DOM support for web browsers and presents a new technique for cross-browser scripting.
[tags]alistapart, webdesign, ethnography, userexperience, UX, DOM, XML[/tags]