An Event Apart + A List Apart
Join Eric Meyer, me, and special guests for a concentrated, one-day learning session in selected cities, beginning with Philadelphia, PA. You will learn how to:
- Design, write, and structure your site to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Let user needs and business goals guide redesigns, and get buy-in from bosses and clients.
- Separate your site’s underlying structure from its visual presentation.
- Translate even the most sophisticated and complex visual designs to CSS layout.
- Make pages that load twice as fast, rank higher on Google, and work better for more users.
Find out more at aneventapart.com and register early to save $50.
In Issue No. 202 of A List Apart, for people who make websites:
- by David F. Miller
- High-Resolution Image Printing
- by Ross Howard
- Your client looks up and says, “Why does our logo look funny when we print the pages?” Do you sigh dramatically, or learn about Ross Howard’s technique for printing high-resolution images via CSS? We vote for option B.
The double premiere of An Event Apart and A List Apart 202 at the end of an American Holiday weekend was made possible by the superb efforts of Erin Kissane, Eric Meyer, and Jason Santa Maria. The rich, chocolatey illustrational goodness is by Kevin Cornell.