About This Website
ONLINE SINCE MAY 1995, Jeffrey Zeldman Presents is the personal site of designer, writer, and publisher Jeffrey Zeldman. “Jeffrey Zeldman Presents the Daily Report” is one of the oldest continuously published personal sites and a registered periodical: ISSN No. 1534-0309.
About Jeffrey Zeldman
DUBBED KING of Web Standards by Business Week, Jeffrey Zeldman publishes A List Apart “for people who make websites,” a leading journal of web design thought since 1998; co-founded the multi-city web design conference An Event Apart with Eric Meyer; and founded and is chairman of Happy Cog™, a digital design studio with offices in New York, Philadelphia, and Austin in partnership with Greg Hoy and Greg Storey.
Jeffrey co-founded and publishes A Book Apart (“brief books for people who make websites”), a small press with a big impact in the field of web and digital design and UX. Among titles published by A Book Apart during its first years of operation are Responsive Web Design by Ethan Marcotte and Mobile First by Luke Wroblewski. Jeffrey is a faculty member on the MFA, Interaction Design program at School of Visual Arts, New York, and the founder and host of weekly internet radio program The Big Web Show (“Everything Web That Matters”), which has twice been named Podcast of the Year by .net Magazine.
In 2012, Jeffrey Zeldman was the first designer inducted in the SXSW Interactive Hall of Fame. He tweets prolifically at @zeldman and has blogged and shared web design concepts and advocated user- and content-focused design techniques at Jeffrey Zeldman Presents since 1995. Jeffrey serves on the Advisory Boards of Automattic, the SXSW Interactive Festival, and Readability. Jeffrey’s international speaking schedule is available for your perusal. More biographical information may be found at Wikipedia.
PRESS PHOTOS may be freely used under a Creative Commons license, but must be credited to the respective photographers.
Selected External Links
- Jeffrey Zeldman on Wikipedia
- Designing With Web Standards on Wikipedia
- A List Apart Author: Jeffrey Zeldman – linked list of articles and blog posts
- Happy Cog
- A List Apart
- An Event Apart
- The Big Web Show
- A Book Apart
- Jeffrey Zeldman on Twitter
- Jeffrey Zeldman on Facebook
- Jeffrey Zeldman on Google+
- The Web Standards Project
- Faculty, School of Visual Arts MFA in Interaction Design
- Jeffrey Zeldman Interview, The Great Discontent, August 3, 2012
- Jeffrey Zeldman Interview, Digital Web Magazine, August 26, 1999
- Why Designers need to Craft Words Not Pixels: William Channer interviews Jeffrey Zeldman, September 18, 2013
- The Gently Mad Podcast: Jeffrey Zeldman, September 19, 2013
- An Event Apart Video: Jeffrey Zeldman – Content First, July 25, 2013 (video)
- Jeffrey Zeldman: Ten Commandments of Modern Web Design, May 2013, Adobe.com
- Podcast 001, Part 1 – Gary Lockwood interviews Jeffrey Zeldman, 16 October 2012
- Devs respond to Opera WebKit switch, Craig Grannell, .net Magazine, 13 February 2013
- Large Type: One Web Designer Puts Content First in a Big Way – Anthony Wing Kosner, Forbes, May 20, 2012
- Jeffrey Zeldman on His Web Design Manifesto 2012, Craig Grannell, .net Magazine, May 22, 2012
- Design of the times: Go Beyond Pixels conference features web’s heavy hitters Daniel MacEachern/The Telegram
- What Jeffrey Zeldman thinks about Jeffrey Zeldman’s induction into the SXSW Interactive Hall of Fame, Where No Man Has Gone Before, Austin Chronicle, 2012, March 2
- Forbes: The Original Zeldman Guide for Web Designers Now Free to Read on the Web!, Anthony Wing Kosner, June 3, 2012
- Jeffrey Zeldman tribute video – on his induction into the SXSW Interactive Hall of Fame (Vimeo)
- “How To Fix Your Retail Website” | Inc.com by Issie Lapowsky; includes sidebar interview: Q&A: Jeffrey Zeldman, on the right way to retool a website 2012
- Jessie Scanlon (2007-08-06). “Jeffrey Zeldman: King of Web Standards”. BusinessWeek
- Jeffrey Zeldman To Be First Inductee in SXSW Interactive Hall of Fame
- Browser screen resolution stats rile devs By Craig Grannell on April 13, 2012, .net magazine
- Oliver Lindberg (2009-05-27). “Jeffrey Zeldman interview”. .net magazine
- Jeffrey Zeldman (2010-09-26). “The Future of Web Standards”. .net Magazine
- Alissa Walker (2011-09-01). “Adobe’s Muse Lets Designers Make Websites Without Knowing Code”. Fast Company
- Designing With Web Standards 3rd Edition on Amazon.com
- “A List Apart” web design articles by Jeffrey Zeldman
- The Interactive Awards Pre-Party and Ceremony Presented by HP (Lanyrd)
- Jeffrey Zeldman to be Inducted to SXSW Hall of Fame at 2012 Interactive Awards (SXSW)
- .net Magazine: Zeldman inducted to the SXSWi Hall of Fame
- An Interview with Jeffrey Zeldman (Cognition)
- Go Forth & Make Awesomeness: Core Values & Action – a session at SXSW Interactive 2012
- The Impossible Year
- SXSW Ceremony
- Of Austin Fame and Marches (Dolls for Friends)
- Thank You, Steve Jobs 5by5 event hosted by Dan Benjamin
- Wall of Fame: Who to Follow on Google+
- List of Recommended Artists & Designers to Follow on Google+
- Video: Jeffrey Zeldman – The Medium Comes of Age – Jeffrey Zeldman’s keynote talk from DIBI Conference 2011, Newcastle, UK.
- “Who is Jeffrey Zeldman”. Lullabot. 2011-08-19. http://www.lullabot.com/podcasts/podcast-95-who-jeffrey-zeldman.
- “Why Is Your Web Designer Wearing a Blue Hat Today?”. Fast Company. 2009-11-30. http://www.fastcompany.com/blog/alissa-walker/designerati/why-your-web-designer-wearing-blue-hat-today.
- 2007, 2008, and 2009 A List Apart Web Surveys
- Taking Your Talent to the Web
- Zeldman And Ethan Marcotte On The Future Of The Web, “Boagworld”, 2010-03-31
- Author Talk: Jeffrey Zeldman Interview “InformIT Network”
- “Real Fonts on the Web: Jeffrey Zeldman Interviews The Font Bureau’s David Berlow”. A List Apart. 2009-04-21. http://www.alistapart.com/articles/realfontsontheweb/.
- “Jeffrey Zeldman Bites Back”. Slashdot. 2000-05-18. http://www.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=00/05/18/1433233.
- Selling Jeffrey Zeldman on Selling, Khoi Vinh’s Subtraction, 2006-10-10
- An interview with Jeffrey Zeldman: art, love, web standards and George Clooney, “DMXzone.com”
- An Interview With Jeffrey Zeldman: The Setup
- Dan Benjamin’s The Pipeline: Jeffrey Zeldman Interview
- Jeffrey Zeldman on 5by5
- Typography on the Web: Questions for Jeffrey Zeldman – Part 1 by Ellen Lupton
- Guardian: Paul MacInnes and Matt Andrews: Jeffrey zeldman’s Awesome Internet Design Panel
- Jeffrey Zeldman’s Awesome Internet Design Panel – SXSW 2011 Interactive Web Design (video excerpt)
- Complete audio: Jeffrey Zeldman’s Awesome Internet Design Panel from SXSW Interactive 2011
- An Event Apart speakers: Jeffrey Zeldman
- An Event Apart: Speakers and Scribes
- Facebook public figure page – Jeffrey Zeldman
- Google books: Designing With Web Standards
- Designing With Web Standards – reviews on Goodreads
- Jeffrey Zeldman author page on Goodreads
- Listamatic: Jeffrey Zeldman’s DWWS menu (code)
- Style vs. Design by Jeffrey Zeldman
- Jeffrey Zeldman is speaking at Do it with Drupal 2011 in New York!
- Jeffrey Zeldman on Dribbble
- A Design Apart: Q&A with Jeffrey Zeldman by Dan Levy
- Jeffrey Zeldman interview with Nancy Ruenzel – Peachpit author talk
Pardon My Archives
HERE YOU WILL FIND ancient zeldman.com content in its original format.
- The Ad Graveyard
- Real ads that almost ran. 1995–1998.
- Pardon My Icons
- Unusual icons for your desktop or website. 1995–1998.
- If the Great Movies Had Been Websites
- What if Orson Welles had kept a web diary? 1999.
- Fifteen Minutes
- Interviews with movie stars and web designers, 1996–1999, in original cheesy format.
- Dress that desktop for success. (1997?)
- For your listening pleasure, music by Jeffrey Zeldman.
- Early multimedia experiment. 1995.
- Lawrence Welk, Postmodernist
- We come to praise him. 1995.
- Letter from Istanbul
- Rocking the cradle of civilization. An unfinished travelogue. 1998.
- Linker’s Delight
- Obsolete banners.
- Mr Jenkins’s Last Martini (removed)
- The web’s first alcoholic haiku contest.
- Ask Dr Web 1995–1998 (removed)
- A complete guide to web design, 90s-style.
ZELDMAN.COM is powered by WordPress (why?) and produced in New York City, USA. Written, designed, and produced by L. Jeffrey Zeldman. (Contact.) WordPress implementation by Noël Jackson. The present day designer refuses to die!