An Event Apart New Orleans: thank you and adieu
Maybe it was the people. Maybe it was the extraordinary speakers. Or the staff, who made everything hum and shine. Or the keenly focused film crew. Maybe it was the sponsors. Or that crazy party. Maybe it was just the king cakes.
Whatever it was, these two days of peace, love, and web design felt to me like our best show yet.
Thank you to everyone who joined us in New Orleans.
[tags]aeanola08 aneventapart webdesign conference conferences events neworleans[/tags]
An Event Apart New Orleans
An Event Apart, the design conference for people who make websites, kicks off its 2008 season with An Event Apart New Orleans, a monster, 19-hour, two-day creative session. Join us April 24–25 at the Hilton New Orleans Riverside for two intense, 9.5-hour-long days of learning and inspiration, featuring twelve of your favorite web design authors.
- See Dave Shea, co-author, Zen of CSS Design, explore what makes sites flexible visually, experientially, and code-wise.
- See Jeff Veen, design manager, Google, explore how new thinking, born of creating the latest generation of web apps, is being infused into design practices.
- See Robert Hoekman Jr., author, Designing the Obvious, perform slam-bang, on-the-spot usability reviews of sites submitted by our live audience on the fly.
- See Cameron Moll, author, Mobile Web Design, uncover the differences between good and great design.
- See Andy Clarke, author, Transcending CSS, explain how comic books inspire his award-winning web layouts.
- See Stephanie Sullivan, co-author, Mastering CSS with Dreamweaver CS3, explore practical, standards-based approaches and techniques to some of today’s toughtest design challenges.
- See Aarron Walter, author, Building Findable Web Sites, explain “findability bliss through web standards SEO”
- See Brian Oberkirch, Publisher, Like It Matters, review, catalog, dissect, and champion small design victories that daisy chain to create a delightful overall user experience.
- See Jason Santa Maria, designer, Happy Cog, share techniques for maintaining individuality and brand distinction in a world of generic templates and design sameness.
- See An Event Apart co-founder Eric Meyer, author, CSS: The Definitive Guide, present two new talks that shed brilliant light on the darkest corners of CSS.
- As for me, I’ll be doing two new sessions on the whatness of web design (what it is, what it ain’t, and why it matters) and the whereness of web standards (as in, where we are with them).
It’s the longest, biggest, densest, hardest, coolest show we’ve ever done, and we’re doing it where Louis learned to blow his horn. Join us if you can.
Can’t make New Orleans? Join us in these cities!
- Boston, June 23–24
- San Francisco, August 18–19
- Chicago, October 13–14
Tickets for all four shows are on sale now.
[tags]aneventapart, webdesign, conference, neworleans, aeaNOLA08[/tags]
That’s me all over
An Event Apart is over until next year; we open in New Orleans in April, 2008. If you need a Zeldman fix before then, I can be seen in these interesting places:
- Private address, Business Week (NYC, Nov. 5, 2007);
- Discussion Future of Web Design (NYC, Nov. 7–8), with Andy Clarke and Josh Williams;
- Keynote address, Web Design World Boston 2007 (Boston, Dec. 10-12);
- Keynote address, Web Directions North (Vancouver, BC, January 28–February 2, 2008).
[tags]zeldman, FOWD, businessweek, webdesignworld, webdirections, webdirectionsnorth, NYC, boston, vancouver, design, conferences, jeffreyzeldman[/tags]
Please and thank you
An Event Apart thanks its attendees, speakers, and sponsors for a great 2007, and announces dates and locations for 2008. Please join us next year! New Orleans, Boston, San Francisco, Chicago.
[tags]aneventapart, aea2008, neworleans, boston, sanfrancisco, chicago[/tags]