MY BIG WEB SHOW guest today is front-end designer Maya Benari, a leading contributor to the U.S. Web Design Standards.
Recently launched, and deservedly much lauded, the U.S. Web Design Standards consist of open source UI components plus a visual style guide, and are designed to create consistency and beautiful user experiences across U.S. federal government websites. Accessibility, semantics, and mobile-first responsive web design are baked in, right out of the box.
Maya and Jeffrey discuss the genesis of the project, the teams behind the scenes, and why improving people’s lives is sexier than building sandwich rating apps.
✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ Listen to Big Web Show № 136—USA: Designed With Web Standards, featuring Maya Benari.
RELATED LINKS FOR YOUR EXPLORING PLEASURE
- U.S. Web Design Standards – https://playbook.cio.gov/designstandards/
- Introducing the U.S. Web Design Standards – https://18f.gsa.gov/2015/09/28/web-design-standards/
- Maya Benari’s website – http://maya-benari.com
- Maya Benari: Front End Designer – https://18f.gsa.gov/team/maya/
- 18F Guides – https://pages.18f.gov/guides/
- 18F – https://18f.gsa.gov
- Maya Benari on Github – https://github.com/maya
- Getting Started with U.S. Web Design Standards – https://playbook.cio.gov/designstandards/getting-started/
- Bourbon – http://neat.bourbon.io