In “New Publishing and Web Content,” a proposed panel for SXSW Interactive, I will lead book and new media publisher and entrepreneur Lisa Holton, designer, writer, and W.W. Norton creative director Mandy Brown, novelist, web geek, and Harper’s editor Paul Ford, and writer, editor, and content strategist Erin Kissane in an honest and freewheeling exploration of the creative, strategic, and marketing challenges of traditional and online publishing—and how content strategy and design can help.
Topics covered will include:
- What is content strategy?
- For magazines that are born digital, what opportunities and challenges does the internet offer editors and publishers?
- For traditional magazines, what opportunities and challenges does the internet offer editors and publishers?
- How can traditional book publishers harness the energy and talent of the online community?
- What new forms are made possible by the intersection of traditional publishing and social networking?
- How can design facilitate reading?
- How can design encourage readers to become writers and publishers?
- What is the future of magazines and newspapers?
- What is the future of books?
- How can editors and publishers survive and thrive in this new climate?
If this sounds like a panel you’d enjoy seeing, vote for New Publishing and Web Content via the SXSW Interactive Panel picker.