Event Apart Chicago wrap-up
- An Event Apart Chicago 2007 Photo Pool
- Those who were there share photos in and out of the conference.
- Blog reactions to An Event Apart Chicago ’07
- Via Technorati.
- An Event Apart ’07 Extended Mix
- The interstitial playlist from the show.
- Middle West
- Speaker Dan Cederholm’s recap of the event.
One track continues to rule. It rules because you don’t have to decide where to go and what to miss. But it also rules because the conversations in the hallways and pubs can be centered around the same sessions. There’s no “ah, I missed that one because I saw ______ instead”. There’s a complete shared experience between all attendees, and that’s a very good thing.
- Seven Lies in Chicago
- Liz Danzico recaps her presentation and answers questions about information architecture.
- Best Practices for Web Form Design
- Slides from the powerful and incredibly useful talk by Luke W. “I walked through the importance of web forms and a series of design best practices culled from live site analytics, usability testing, eye-tracking studies, and best practice surveys. Including some new research on primary and secondary actions, and dynamic help examples.”
- Design Your Way Out of a Paper Bag
- Luke W: “Jason Santa Maria’s Design Your Way Out of a Paper Bag highlighted some of his creative process when working on the redesign of popular Web destinations.”
- Search Analytics
- Luke W: “Lou Rosenfeld’s Search Analytics talk at An Event Apart outlined ways designers and developers could utilize search query logs to uncover insights about their site’s audience and needs.”
- 7 Lies about Information Architecture
- Luke W: “Liz Danzico’s talk at An Event Apart dissected seven often-cited information architecture rules and highlighted counter examples that exposed why these rules might be better suited as design considerations.”
- Selling Design
- Luke W: “Zeldman discussed the soft skills that enable designers to get great work out in the world.”
- KickApps at An Event Apart
- Dwayne Oxford: “It’s difficult to walk away from an event like this without a fresh perspective on CSS and the DOM, a head-full of elegant design techniques, and enough inspiration to catapult our work to the next level.”
- On An Event Apart Chicago 2007
- Brain Freeze on AEA: “Never a boring moment.”
- She car go
- Speaker, developer and author Jeremy Keith shares his experience of An Event Apart Chicago.
[tags]aeachicago07, aneventapart, aneventapartchicago, chicago, design, web, webdesign, conference, conferences, ux, userexperience, dancederholm, simplebits, lizdanzico, jimcoudal, derekfeatherstone, lousrosenfeld, jeremykeith, lukewroblewski, jasonsantamaria, ericmeyer, zeldman, jeffreyzeldman[/tags]
10 Responses to “Event Apart Chicago wrap-up”