ALA 232: Flash cage match, multi-column CSS
In Issue No. 232 of A List Apart, for people who make websites:
- Flash Embedding Cage Match
- “How can you best embed Flash content?” In search of an answer, Bobby van der Sluis of UFO fame defines the criteria that matter most to modern web developers: standards compliance, cross browser support, support for alternative content, avoidance of content/player mismatches, auto-activation of active content, and (why not?) ease of implementation.
- He then surveys current best-practice alternatives, explains how each works and evaluates pros and cons. And he wraps it up with a surprise ending. Oops. Spoiler.
- Multi-Column Layouts Climb Out of the Box
- An environmentally responsible energy policy. The perfect snack. Multi-column layouts with equal height columns. Three worthy goals that always seem to elude our grasp. Alan Pearce can help with the layout problem. Building on prior solutions, Pearce shows how to create elastic and liquid three-column layouts with fixed-width sidebars and equal height columns.
[tags]alistapart, webdesign, flash, embed, css, layout, 3column[/tags]
4 Responses to “ALA 232: Flash cage match, multi-column CSS”